Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting CLOSER!


After the popcorn was all removed, I had to do a skim coat over the previous mudded areas....
 

 
Peni dropped in to see how I was doing and to say HI!
 

Next day- I decided to do a skim coat around the perimeter of the room where the tape was. I wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be any problems with the crown molding......
 


Mudding...... mudding..... mudding away!
 


Dry sanded all the seams - WOW what a mess- AGAIN!
 


All cleaned up- and ready to wipe down the ceiling with a sponge!
 


This is my sweet husband adding a shelf to the closet! After it was installed, we discovered the depth of the shelf made it weak in the middle. We're going to get another board, and glue it on top of this one to make it stronger! OOOOOOOH my goodness- please let this work!
 

 
At last- DRUM ROLE PLEASE!!!! Primer for the ceiling- can YOU BELIEVE it!
 



1/4 of the room done!!!! AND HEY- Did you notice my snazzy light! 
 
And just like that- I'm done priming!
 
 
Now that the primer has been applied, I can see a few places that need some more mud- UGGGG! Soooo not quite out of the woods just yet - but I'm getting closer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment