Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Blogging at last- Welcome to Huzee's Beads!

Hello and WELCOME to my BLOG!! I've been thinking on and off for some time now about doing a BLOG- and here it is at last! I hope you'll enjoy my posts and sometimes crazy moments as I take you on a ride into my crazy life of making beads and jewelry! Currently I have stopped production and discovery to get a new room in my house painted and designed for my clay studio! I've been posting pictures on my Facebook page, Huzee's Beads, but I've known- just been being lazy about it and that really all the explaining and pictures really belonged on a blog! Again- WELCOME WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


First- let me introduce my ever faithful assistants! The little black dachshund to the left is Rozee AKA Button, Lady Bug, Noony, and many more. The one in the middle is Peni AKA Peni Monster, Penzee, and Pensters. The black guy to the right is indeed a boy! I put him in Rozee's coat because it is a joke around here that they are boyfriend and girlfriend..... I don't think he appreciated the pink and pokka dots though! His nicknames are Lizard Boy, Docee, and Docker- many more to really recall all of them at the moment. They all have so many loving sweet nicknames as they are the joy and contentment in our lives.


Here are some of the oranges that I tested for my studio color! These are all Sherwin Williams paints for those who may be curious of the brand. The one to the left is Raucous Orange- it was my first choice for awhile! The one to the right of it is Pennywise. It turned out to be too brown! Below it and to the right of Raucous Orange is Cayenne, which is what I have waiting in three gallons to go up on the walls, ceiling, and closet! It's going to be BRIGHT and FUN!


 This past Sunday- I finally got started on removing the popcorn off of the ceiling! It was late in the afternoon, so I decided to go around the fan and wait til the next morning to take the fan down.


Wow- it looked so good with the fan down!!!!!


 and even better with the popcorn all gone!


And here is where all the mess went- clean up time!



 

 



 www.huzeesbeads.com

12 comments:

  1. That is a lot of work Lisa, but I know it will look pretty cool once it is finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hey Adrienne!!! It's so nice of you to leave me a comment!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! And yes- it has become a lot of work already, but I'm looking forward to it being more organized and perhaps having more space!

      Delete
  2. I love the Cayenne color! Can't wait to see the finished studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Lisa! I like the font in the heading and the explanation of your direction for this blog. I don't see "Lisa" just Huzee, if that matters. And don't forget to include your Etsy store, okay? I know, there are so many settings right now.

    Laren :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your trainned eye and suggestions! Off to add the Etsy link.....

      Delete
  4. Great color choice! Can't wait to see it once it's painted on!

    <3,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I am "Miss Tardy to the Party" but I love this and all the color on this page..... this is just so you, bright and happy!! Your talent is LIMITLESS Miss Lisa!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda- You miss tardy for the pardy ???? NO - NEVER that's my GIG! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey there are we every going to see the finished room here? I have been checking back and it is not like my Miss Lisa to take so long to complete a room, what's up? Missing you much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda! Thanks for checking in on my progress, and I'm happy to report that the ceiling now has two coats of white paint on it!!! And I started painting the cayenne color on the walls and inside the closet!! There was a huge amount of prep work that had to be done!!!!!! Posted new pictures yesterday...... :&)

    ReplyDelete